Sunday, May 10, 2009

Sunday NBA MLB

Houston 99, Lakers 87 [LA Times]: The Rockets did the impossible and completely blow away the Fakers. The game was never even in doubt as the Rockets built a 29 point lead heading into the fourth quarter.



T.J. Simers/ LA Times:
"So how come you guys failed to show up?" I said to Derek Fisher, a question a lot of folks in L.A., who were wasting their Mother's Day in front of a TV, might've asked if given the opportunity.

"I'm a man," Fisher told me, and the things you learn traveling with a team.

"You don't address me," he said. "You don't wait until I'm done dressing. You throw something out like that."

I know this will come as a shock to some folks out there, knowing the problems that so many athletes have these days, but I've found for the most part that most of them can dress and talk at the same time.

Fisher had only one shoe left to tie when I dared ask him the obvious question, and if he can't keep up with an inquisitive 58-year-old sports columnist, it's no wonder he's struggling with an energetic young pup like Aaron Brooks.

"You should have known better," Fisher said, while ticking off the names of other Times reporters who know he can't talk and dress at the same time.


Celtics 95, Magic 94 [ESPN/AP]: Big Baby Davis hits the game winning shot. Unbelievable.



Bill Madden/ NY Daily News: Mets win their 7th game in a row. Could it have something to do with Citi Field? But if you ask me, I'm thinking maybe the real edge for the Mets may be Citi Field, looking and playing like one of the all-time pitcher's ballparks. Jerry Manuel's beginning to think so, too.

Lori Rubinson interview w/ Mark Vaccaro [WFAN]: Lori and Mark sound off on the autograph restrictions at new Yankee Stadium. It's built with a moat around the field level so that most fans can't even get access to players for autographs.

No comments: