Monday, May 11, 2009

LAL, Serene or A Sense of Urgency

Mark Heisler / LA Times gave a little history lesson on Phil's comments after famous Laker losses. Phil has seen way too many crazy comebacks in his career to ever tell reporters that he thinks his team is totally out of it. This may not bode well for concerned Laker fans but I don't get the sense of urgency in Laker comments today. Not that it really matters, because 100% of people are still picking the Lakers to win this series. I honestly haven't read one person that's predicted a Houston victory over LAL.

Jackson, content to let events unfold over the season, remains serene.

Reporter: "Do you feel you're saying the same stuff after every game -- we played OK, Pau Gasol was great, but nobody else stood out?"

Jackson: "You know, I thought Fish [Derek Fisher] played very well. Maybe I should mention that. His defense was solid. He made some steals. I like that."

Reporter: "But do you sense repetition?"

Jackson, smiling: "Maybe I'll put it on tape and just run it right here on the podium so you guys don't have to ask me questions."

* April 24, 2009, after the Jazz comes from 13 points down to win Game 3: Jackson actually welcomed reports Utah center Mehmet Okur would return in Game 4.

"We need to have a [Utah] lineup out there that challenges us and makes us play the way we should play," Jackson said.

No comments: