Monday, May 11, 2009

Mets 1995-97 "The Glory Years"

I will always be fond of the 95-57 Mets if for no other reason than the fact that they wore the sharpest looking Met uniforms in my era. Let me be clear about where I stand on the current Met uniforms, I think they are absolutely terrible. At some point during each and every Met game I've watched over the past 5 years, I think back to the 95-97 seasons when the Mets went throwback and switched to their original uniforms. It was almost an exact replica of the 69 Mets with the exceptions being the LOBs, bigger NOBs, bigger Mets script on the chest, and wider blue pin stripes. I was a huge fan and tuned in to watch a bunch of horrible Todd Hundley led Met games on TV. They looked gorgeous. Then came 1998 and all hell broke loose. For some ungodly reason, they decided to follow the 90's black color trend and add black to their color scheme.

Here are some nice pictures of the Met uniforms from 95-97. I so wish they would go back to these outstanding unis.











No comments: