Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Pharrell Interview @ Nylon


Pharrell has an interesting opinion about the difference w/ Kanye and himself:

I ask Williams if he planned any of this. “No, I didn’t, I told you. There’s a difference between me and somebody like Kanye. He plans for it. I never do. It just happens. While I’m left feeling lucky, he’s left feeling like an architect [bizarrely, the word is used as a pejorative]. You understand? ’Cause he plans those things.” (Williams seems to have something of a fixation on West. Three days later, at the photo shoot for this story, wearing a bow tie and shirt, he will put on a pair of white sunglasses from the accessories table and mimick West singing “Love Lockdown.”) “See, I’m the opposite of Kanye,” says Williams. “Kanye always knew he was gonna be big. I can’t believe it still. I never imagined it.” He pauses. “I always had the imagination, I just never imagined it would turn into this.”

Check out Nylon for the rest of the interview.

No comments: