Monday, April 13, 2009

Cliff Floyd, ex-Met now S.D. Padre



Loving Adam Rubin's Met blog. He talked about Met love for Cliff Floyd in his latest blog. Oh, and the cat was a fun highlight of the night. Too bad Wright's homerun got hit in vain.

* Cliff Floyd, on the DL with the Padres, got one of the warmest receptions. Heath Bell and Duaner Sanchez not so much, though the latter two combined to hold the Mets scoreless the final two innings. Floyd said it’s certainly unexpected that once-feared players such as Gary Sheffield and him would now be part-time players who have to shed 15-20 pounds apiece in order to play the outfield. Both served as DHs last year. Floyd won the AL pennant with the Rays in 2008. “You just never know what can happen,” Floyd said. “I was going down to camp last year and I was like, ‘Hey, you signed with the Rays.’ I didn’t think it was a bad thing. I just thought, ‘Where was my career really going?’ And we made it to the World Series. I signed here (with San Diego) thinking the same thing. We’ve started off pretty good right now. I have the same expectations with this team. You never know.”

No comments: