Tuesday, February 5, 2008

How to kill a fly

It's freaking freezing outside in early February and somehow I found a fly flying in my apt.

At first, I couldn't kill it because it could totally escaped me.

This little insect's brain is no bigger than a nanometer and it's outsmarting a big brain human. 28.2 years old.

About an hour later, I heard the little bastard fly and found it hiding on my ceiling. Maybe the little guy was tired. What do I care?

This time, though, I crept up to the fly very surreptitiously. Don't even know if I used that word right. I mean, just quietly, but totally avoiding eye contact. I would take two slow steps, looking down mostly, and then peak up for 2 seconds to get an idea where the fly was on the ceiling.

I did this a few times until I was literally standing beneath the fly, but since I avoided eye contact to the ceiling, the fly didn't know that I had already spotted him.

On my first try, I killed the fly. My own personal Super Bowl. Me 1, Fly Dead.

No comments: