Tuesday, November 6, 2007

American Gangster CD by Jay Z

Oh man, WTF.

Usually, any hiphop review that's written within your first 45 minutes of owning the CD is probably not that accurate.

So here's my first 45 minute review.

Okay, I've actually heard the whole CD 2.5 times through today. I'm on my 3rd time around and it's not that great. I mean that in the nicest sense. I expect Jay-Z to do something great with his CDs and this one just really ain't that great. You get me?

What I'm saying is that it's not bad either. Just average. I can't find one song that jumps out and makes me wanna click repeat.

With his last CD, Kingdom Come, there were easily 3 songs that I liked. Kingdom Come, Show Me, and 30 something. I know, everybody's favorite 3 are different.

I'm not sure about the choice of some of the throw backs. Like I am a big fan of Beastie Boy's License to Ill. But that song with Lil' Wayne Hello Brooklyn 2.0, I'm just not digging. What's up with Lil' Wayne doing on this song anyways? I thought he was from N.O.? At least get somebody from Manhattan if you want to go out of borough.

No comments: