Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Amare's bulky knee

I'm a little surprised to hear about Amare's bulky knee. I saw him in the Suns first regular season game at Seattle and he looked pretty good to me. He had that explosiveness in his first step that I hadn't seen since the 2005 conference finals against San Antonio.

Then, came the game the next day against the Lakers. I honestly didn't see anything wrong with Amare. To be honest, the whole Suns team looked out of whack. Like I said in the previous post, the Suns couldn't hit open shots. The Lakers mini twin towers of Turiaf and Bynum totally dominated the inside. One thing about those guys is that they are long and tall. It takes some muscle to get an offensive rebound against them.

There's word on espn.com that he's going to miss his second game this season, tonight at Bobcats. I would definitely be worried if I were the Suns. This means that his swollen knee hasn't gotten better after 3 full days off. Even though Amare's had multiple surgeries the past 3 years, I thought that he was finally over it after playing in all 82 regular season games and every possible play-off game (minus the one game suspension).

I forgot where I read this, but somebody mentioned that the Suns are probably second guessing themselves for not trading Amare to get KG. I don't know if KG would have really fit in with the Suns. He's primary game is not the spot up 18 foot jump shot (although he does have a good shot from that range).

No comments: