Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Durant is going to sink or swim

I'm still not sure what to make of this guy. He's only 19 year old.

I gotta wait until he is at least 23 before I can give a good scouting report on him. What a cheat I am, though.

I saw him in the NCAA rounds 1 and 2, and I was left unimpressed. Oden struck me as more NBA ready, but he did seem kinda slow and clumsy to play great in the NBA.

But Durant? I really thought this kid was definitely not ready. During the Summer League, when he played games for the Supersonics, my thoughts started to change.

Durant looked more confident and stronger against the more experienced 2nd year NBA guys than he did against his peers.

Maybe Durant did get better in a matter of 2 months because you know what? He's only 19 friggin' years old.

Durant really needed Oden to stay in the NBA so at least half the spotlight could shine on him. If and when Durant sucks, and all Rookies, like 100 percent of them suck at some point in their first seasons. Go ask Bird, Jordan, & Magic.

But if Durant is great, forget about the old King James. It's going to be Durant Rules.

No comments: