Sunday, March 29, 2009

Addendum to No Internet For 6 Days

I got to admit that the Shaw tech that showed up to my house was very professional. He seemed like a smart guy and was definitely able to solve my problem ASAP. If I were Shaw, I would divert more money to the cable tech guys that actually help you solve your problem.

The first customer rep who helped me over the phone was rude to me. She scoffed when I mentioned to her that I had a theory for what was causing the problem. Rather than listen to a customer's first hand experience at what might be causing the problem, she cut me off because she didn't want to speculate at my theories. Listen honey, if you and I are NOT speculating and using our brains, then what the hell are we good for? You have to use your brains to speculate causes for a problem, otherwise shit don't get solved, you hear?

It just varies from person to person. I've called Shaw probably over 100 times over the last 6 years and I would estimate that at least 50% of them are pretty nice over the phone.

Today, when I called Shaw to complain about my 6 days of no internet, the customer rep at first bluntly said that I should receive 6 days of internet credit to make up for my lost time. 6 Days? Are you kidding me? After the crap that I've been through over the last days, it would be laughable to accept 6 measly days of credit.

I explained to her that not having internet caused extreme inconveniences on my life. I don't own either a cell phone or landline telephone, so w/out the internet I can't get any calls or make any calls. I resorted to spending the last 6 days at a local internet cafe wearing my headset while I made calls to work and answer all emails. Then there's the whole assortment of podcasts that I download and listen to on a daily basis and you can just start to imagine how much trouble I had to go through to keep up w/ all of them.

I estimate that I've visited the local cafe 12 times this week, at an average of $3 a visit. That's $36 dollars that I had to spend to get very limited internet access. What a crappy deal.

So after moaning to the customer rep about why I was so disappointed w/ my lack of internet for 6 days, she finally relented and put me on hold for about 5 minutes. I guess it gave her enough time to ask her boss to hook me up w/ 1 month of internet credit, a total value of about $45.

You might say I had a small victory here because in theory, I made $9 in internet credits but I don't think it was worth it.

No comments: